Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Challenge #147 -- Upcycle

   Sorry I'm a bit late getting this post up, but without further ado . . . this week's challenge is all about recycling  any household items (or other items you wouldn't normally find in your favourite papercrafting store or aisle).
     For those of you who know my (Tammy's) style, I'm ALL about being frugal and UP-cycling items.  I've been known to use the top of Klennex boxes, magazine images, clothing tags, etc.  The possibilities are really endless . . .  coffee filters, toothpicks, bottle caps, packaging, etc.

    I have small stash of clothing tags reserved to use on my projects, so for today's piece, I chose this rugged tag from H&M:
 It's not the focus of my layout, but it does add some texture and another layer to my page:
 To clarify my title, my family is Portuguese (YES, hard to believe when I'm a red-head, but it's true!).
The word "joia" means jewel--both my boys are my precious jewels (my DH suggested I add gems to the page--gotta give him credit for that).  I call Caden my "little joia" and my older son Owen my "big joia".
 I added the definition strip so Caden would never forget the nickname's meaning.

So go on scour your house (beyond your scrappy place) and think of a way to RECYCLE an item into
a beautiful papercrafting project.
Then link it up to our Mr. Linky list below.
Head on over to our other DT member's blogs for some great inspiration.





8 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! And a terrific challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute layout love the challenge :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok i have to laugh at myself the project i entered is made from judy! i didnt realize until i went to your blog judy that you were one and the same :) i love your style :) i linked back to your tutorial on my blog :) thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love to upcycle thanks for the great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout!!!! Love the challenge!

    ReplyDelete